Cleaning an air fryer should be a simple process, but surprisingly, people do not do it often. As a result, the grease and oil stains become harder and are difficult to clean. Therefore, a popular question amongst users is how to clean baked on grease from an air fryer?
The most popular method to clean baked on grease from an air fryer is the baking soda method. Just take 1 part water and 3 parts baking soda and mix them to create a paste. Spread the paste onto the greasy areas and let it sit for half an hour. Then, simply scrub the paste off using a toothbrush and rinse.
In this article, we are going to discuss how to keep your air fryer grease-free and important tips to prevent grease from building up in the first place.
The baking soda method
The easiest and most popular way to get baked grease off your air fryer is by using baking soda. We usually have baking soda lying around the house, so this method is perfect for the majority!
- Unplug your air fryer and make sure that it is cool.
- Then, take 3 parts baking soda and 1 part water and mix them properly so that you end up with a white paste.
- Depending upon the size of your air fryer, make as much paste as you require.
- Now, apply the paste onto the areas that have grease and leave the paste as it is for 30 minutes.
- Once the time has passed, take a toothbrush and gently scrub the paste off the air fryer.
- Simply rinse the areas with water or a damp cloth/sponge, and you’re done!
Thinking about using air fryer liners to avoid grease? Learn here whether air fryer liners work or not!
The vinegar method
The vinegar method is also pretty useful in getting rid of grease. This method simply involves using vinegar, a little baking soda, dish soap, and a toothbrush. Follow the steps mentioned below.
- Make sure the air fryer is cool and unplugged.
- Begin filling the bowl halfway up with the vinegar of your choice.
- Then, add 2 tablespoons of baking soda and dish soap.
- Mix the solution properly and dip your toothbrush inside.
- Use the toothbrush to clean the narrow and tight spaces.
- Use a scouring pad to go over the scrubbed parts, and wipe using a soft cloth.
- Repeat the process if necessary.
How to know that your air fryer needs cleaning
Although your air fryer will highlight several different signs indicating it needs a cleaning, if your food starts to taste funky or like other foods that you have cooked previously, it means a cleanup is pending.
The accumulation of grease depends on your cleaning schedule. Click here to learn how often one should clean an air fryer!
Furthermore, smoke coming out of the air fryer is another sign that enough grease has accumulated and it’s burning. You might be thinking that you are using too much oil, but if you have not cleaned your air fryer in a while, then that is least likely the reason.
Also, check out our article on cleaning an air fryer heating element!
How to clean baked on grease from air fryer basket
Cleaning baked on grease from air fryer baskets is relatively easy as you do not have sensitive items to be careful with.
To begin with, you can use hot water and vinegar solution while dipping the air fryer basket inside and letting it submerge for a while. This will help break down the grease that you can easily remove afterward.
Can you put a whole air fryer inside the dishwasher? Find out now!
Furthermore, some people tend to use pressure washers as the pressure rips through the grease and helps remove it with ease. However, you might still need to use chemicals to remove the remaining stubborn grease.
And then, there are BBQ cleaners and degreasers you can use. In this case, you will need to consult the user manual. The reason is that every manufacturer recommends different types of chemicals, and using the wrong type can cost you a replacement. Here are 4 toxic chemicals in degreasers that you may want to avoid.
Also, if your basket is getting dirty very quickly, it could be that there’s something wrong with your cooking practice. For example, if you’re using wet batter in the basket, it is not recommended to do so.
How should one clean an air fryer fan? Learn the best method.
This concludes our post on how to clean baked on grease from an air fryer. It is a straightforward process that will not only lead to better smelling and tasting food but also a trouble-free air fryer. So, make sure you keep the tips mentioned above every time it is time to clean your prized possessions.