Pot pies are delicious and wholesome. They contain vegetables and chicken, making them healthy and adding to their nutritional value. However, cooking pot pie can sometimes be time-consuming. An air fryer usually helps make food faster than usual. This is why many people wonder whether they can use their air fryer to make a pot pie.
Yes, you can make a pot pie in an air fryer. Just remove the pie from its packaging, cover it with aluminum foil, and cook it at 400°F in the air fryer for about 20-25 minutes.
Curious as to whether you can bake cinnamon rolls in an air fryer too? Well, we’ve got the perfect recipe!
Detailed steps for making pot pie in an air fryer
Making pot pie in an air fryer is a fairly easy process. You will just need any store-bought frozen pot pie and some aluminum foil. Here is a step-by-step guide:
- Preheat your air fryer to 400°F.
- Take your pot pie out of its packaging and cover it with aluminum foil from all sides. This will prevent it from burning and ensure that all the interior is completely cooked.
- Now, take out your air fryer basket and put your pot pie in it.
- Cook for 20 to 30 minutes, depending on the size of your pot pie.
- Once done, remove the aluminum foil and cook at the same temperature for another 4 to 5 minutes. This will result in a crispier crust.
- Now, carefully take your pie out of the air fryer, and make sure to use oven mitts. Let it cool down for 10 to 15 minutes, and then serve.
Note: You do not need to thaw or defrost the frozen pot pies before cooking them in the air fryer.
If you don’t have access to store-bought frozen pot pies, do not worry. You can make homemade pot pies in an air fryer as well. However, the time taken to cook will be significantly lower for these, as they are not frozen like the store-bought ones which take longer.
Did you know that you can roast garlic, carrots, almonds, and tomatoes in an air fryer too? Read out articles to learn how!
Whether you choose to make store-bought pies or homemade ones, an air fryer can quickly and easily make a pot pie for you. Anyone can do it by following the simple steps mentioned in this article. It’ll just take a few minutes, and you’ll be done asap. Happy air frying!