Wings are full of flavor, but deep-fried wings have many calories, which is not healthy. This is why many people turn to an air fryer to enjoy their favorite foods without any guilt. Wings can easily be made in an air fryer, just as you would air fry any other food of your choice. This is why many people wonder how many wings they can fit in an air fryer.
You can fit 3 whole chicken wings in a single layer inside a 4qt air fryer. If you cut the wings into wingettes and drumettes, then you can fit 6 wings in a single layer in a 4qt air fryer.
Check out our article on whether a 4 qt air fryer is big enough.
Amount of wings that can go in an air fryer
The amount of wings you can make at a single time in an air fryer depends on the size of your air fryer and the size of the wings.
If the wings are whole, 3 wings can fit at a time. However, if you cut the wings into drums and flats, also called drumettes and wingettes, then you can air fry more pieces at once because they are smaller.
You can fit 1.5 pounds of drummettes or wingettes in a single layer in the air fryer, and then you can make as many batches as you want.
Method to make wings in an air fryer
Here is a quick method for you to make chicken wings in an air fryer:
- If you have whole wings, you can cut them into drumettes and wingettes.
- Once you have the pieces, wash and pat them dry with a paper towel.
- Add a little oil to the air fryer basket.
- After sprinkling the seasonings of your choice, place the wings in a single layer inside the basket.
- Cook at 390 degrees Fahrenheit for about 10 minutes. This step will render the fat and skin.
- Then, flip the wings halfway through the process and cook for 10 more minutes at the same temperature.
- Check the internal temperature of the wings at the end with a meat thermometer. The temperature should be at least 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Take the wings out of the air fryer, repeat the process, and make as many batches as you like.
- You can add sauces of your choice once the wings are cooked.
Tips for making chicken wings in an air fryer
- Brush the air fryer basket with cooking oil; only a small amount is needed. It is always better not to use non-stick cooking spray. Learn why in this article.
- Make sure to turn the wings halfway through the cooking process so that they cook evenly on both sides.
- To check if the chicken wings are well done, make sure to use a meat thermometer.
Wings are a delight no matter how you eat them. Now you know how many wings you can fit in an air fryer and what is the best way to air fry them. By the end of this article, you will be able to make wings perfectly in an air fryer. Happy air frying!