Eggs are one of the most popular food items for breakfast. You’ll find eggs on most tables even if there is nothing else. But cooking hard-boiled eggs early in the morning in winter can be a bit challenging.
Instead of waiting for the water to boil, why don’t we suggest using an air fryer? But will the eggs explode in the air fryer while cooking? Your concern is genuine, so let’s dive right in!
No, eggs will not explode in an air fryer. You just need to follow the correct temperature and timing, and you’ll get the perfect boiled eggs made in an air fryer.
Do you need to ventilate your air fryer? Here’s what you’re doing wrong.
The curious case of exploding eggs
A fancy gadget like the air fryer is bound to intimidate some people. Those who are not accustomed to its ways may get confused at first. That is why it seems natural to think about bursting eggs when cooked in an air fryer.
The short answer is that eggs don’t explode when put in an air fryer. This myth got viral because some eggs fly everywhere inside a microwave oven. But people often forget that microwaves and air fryers work very differently.
Eggs explode in the microwave when the water temperature inside the egg becomes too high to let the steam escape. As a result, the egg explodes due to internal pressure.
Meanwhile, the air fryer has hot air technology that ensures the food is cooked all the way around and from within. Unless the eggs have cracks in the shell, there is no chance of eggs exploding in the air fryer.
Method to cook eggs in an air fryer
Boiling eggs in the air fryer is simple and quick. Plus, it does not require any boiling water beforehand.
- Preheat the air fryer to 270°F.
- Put the eggs carefully into the air fryer basket according to the space it has. If you have a spacious air fryer, you can cook 6 eggs at once. Just avoid overcrowding.
- The cooking time will depend on the type of boiled egg you prefer.
- 13 – 15 minutes for hard-boiled eggs.
- 12 – 13 minutes for jam-yolk eggs.
- 9 – 10 minutes for soft-boiled eggs.
- Once the eggs are done, immediately put them in ice-cold water. This will prevent the eggs from further cooking.
- Peel the eggs and enjoy with your favorite dish or simply with salt and pepper.
Tips for making eggs in an air fryer
Here are some useful tips to make the best boiled eggs in an air fryer!
- Try using comparatively old eggs when making hard-boiled eggs. Older eggs peel easily!
- Place the eggs on an air fryer rack. This will keep them safe from cracking.
- Do not layer the eggs! Always air fry a single layer of eggs to get even results.
It is mandatory to follow the instructions to the dot to achieve perfection in cooking. Your eggs for breakfast will never explode if you do everything right. An air fryer is a magical gadget that cooks almost all kinds of foods super easily. So, just pop your eggs into the air fryer and get perfect air fryer boiled eggs asap!