A hot cup of coffee and a warm cinnamon roll is truly a dream on a winter night. Sadly, cinnamon rolls take too long to cook, and your cravings expire by the time they get done. We do know that air fryers cook fast, so can you make cinnamon rolls in an air fryer?
Yes! You can make cinnamon rolls in an air fryer. Make your cinnamon rolls using the usual recipe, then preheat the air fryer to 390°F. Place your cinnamon rolls inside for 5 minutes. Then, flip them over and let them bake for another 3 minutes. And you’re done!
Is it possible to make a pot pie in an air fryer too? Learn now!
Making cinnamon rolls from scratch in an air fryer
If you are a baking enthusiast, this recipe will be a treat for you. It’s simple and fun to make with your family. Plus, you won’t have to wait long since we’re using an air fryer now.
- Whole milk – ½ cup
- Granulated sugar – 2 tbsp
- Instant yeast – 1 pack
- All-purpose flour – 2 cups (save ¼ cup for later)
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Unsalted butter – 2 tbsp melted
- Salted butter – 2 tbsp
- Ground cinnamon – 1.5 tsp
- Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
- Brown sugar – ¼ cup
- Cream cheese – 8 oz
- Maple syrup – ¼ cup
- Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
- Greek yogurt – ¼ cup
- Milk – 1-2 tbsp (optional)
- Take a large bowl and warm the milk in the microwave. Make sure the milk is only warm and not hot. Add molten butter and instant yeast to the milk and whisk it well. Use a spatula to add the flour and gently whisk it. The mixture should be sticky at this point.
- Use the saved flour to knead the dough on a flat surface. The result should be a soft and smooth dough. Leave it to rise until it doubles in size.
- Mix melted butter, ground cinnamon, and brown sugar in a separate bowl.
- By now, your dough should have risen and be ready to use. Dust some flour on your workspace and place the dough. Roll it flat in a rectangle with ¼ inch thickness.
- Spread the filling evenly on the dough and start rolling it width-wise. Once the dough is all rolled up, cut it into smaller rolls to your desired thickness.
- Preheat the air fryer to 390°F. Place parchment paper at the bottom of the basket. Place your cinnamon rolls on the paper but don’t overcrowd the basket. Cook the rolls for 5 minutes and pause the machine for a quick flip. Cook for another 3 minutes until they get a nice golden color.
- All you need to do for the frosting is mix all the ingredients with an electric mixer for about 5 minutes until it gets fluffy and foamy.
- Once your cinnamon rolls are done, spread the frosting over them and enjoy with a cup of coffee.
Ramekins are often used for baking in an oven, but can you use a ramekin in an air fryer too?
Ready-to-eat cinnamon rolls
We have brands like Pillsbury to thank for giving us ready-to-eat, hassle-free cinnamon rolls. What’s more interesting is that you can cook these cinnamon rolls in the air fryer in no time.
- All you need to do is spray the basket with any oil of your choice.
- Carefully put the rolls on the bottom but do not let them overlap.
- Cook the cinnamon rolls for 8 minutes at 360°F, but check after 6-7 minutes.
- Spread the icing and serve while warm.
As awesome as it sounds, it’s true that you can make cinnamon rolls in an air fryer. Whether you make them from scratch or buy a pack, you’ll have a plate of hot cinnamon rolls in no time. We can now enjoy our favorite food in minutes thanks to air frying technology.