The crispy and delicious onion rings are everyone’s favorite snack. We all wish to get more onion rings with our burgers and snacks. Whether you make them at home or buy them at a supermarket, we all tend to go overboard with onion rings. So, what happens when there are leftovers? Should you throw the leftovers out, or can you reheat onion rings?
Yes, you can reheat onion rings. Just preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Then, place the onion rings on an oven-safe dish and cover the dish with foil. Reheat the onion rings in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes.
Can you reheat onion rings by frying them?
Heat 1-2 inches of oil in a pan. Fry the onion rings for 2-3 seconds in the oil, then flip the rings and fry for another 2-3 seconds. Once done, place them on a wire rack to cool.
How to reheat onion rings by frying them?
To reheat by frying;
- Pour 1-2 inches of vegetable/canola oil and heat it to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add onion rings inside the hot oil and fry for 2-3 seconds.
- Flip over and fry the other side for 2-3 seconds.
- Once done, take them out of the pan and place them on a wire rack to cool them down.
- Serve immediately.
Note: This method has a high chance of overcooking your onion rings. You will surely get crispier rings, but avoid reheating the onion rings by re-frying them if your rings are too thin. Doing so will dry up the onion inside, and you will be left with nothing. Try using thick or slightly undone onion rings for the re-frying method.
Can you reheat onion rings in an oven?
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Put your onion rings on a baking sheet, cover it with aluminum foil, and place the baking sheet inside the preheated oven. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes.
How to reheat onion rings in an oven?
To reheat in an oven;
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Then, place the onion rings in an oven-safe dish with some space between each ring so that the oven’s heat circulates and cooks all the exposed surfaces well.
- Sprinkle some oil over the rings and season to taste.
- Then, cover the dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until the onion rings are crispy.
Can you reheat onion rings in a toaster oven?
Preheat the toaster oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Microwave the onion rings for 10 seconds and then place them inside the toaster oven. Reheat for 5 to 6 minutes.
How to reheat onion rings in a toaster oven?
To reheat in a toaster oven;
- Preheat the toaster oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Microwave the onion rings for 10 seconds or until their middle part is warmed.
- Place the microwaved onion rings in the toaster oven. Make sure they are slightly elevated, so they don’t touch the bottom of the toaster. Otherwise, the rings will turn soggy.
- Reheat for 5 to 6 minutes or until crispy.
Can you reheat onion rings in an air fryer?
Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Put the onion rings inside the air fryer and cook for 2 to 3 minutes until they are warm enough.
Tip: Reheating the rings at a low temperature ensures that the insides are well heated and the outside does not get too crispy.
How to reheat onion rings in an air fryer?
To reheat in an air fryer;
- Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Coat the onion rings with cooking spray.
- Place them inside the air fryer basket and heat for approximately 3 minutes.
- Flip the rings over halfway to ensure even distribution of heat.
- Once they are well warmed and crispy, serve.
Can you reheat onion rings on a stovetop?
Take a frying pan and add oil according to the number of onion rings you are reheating. Place the pan on a stove and slowly lower the onion rings into the pan. Fry until they’re crispy.
How to reheat onion rings on a stovetop?
To reheat on a stovetop;
- Add oil to a frying pan according to the portion size of your onion rings and heat it on a stove.
- Then, lower the onion rings into the pan gently to avoid splashing of oil. Heat until they are warm and crispy on the outside.
- Serve and eat with anything you like.
Can you reheat onion rings in a broiler?
Place the onion rings on a baking tray in a single flat layer and sprinkle some oil over them. Put the tray under a medium-hot grill. Heat the rings for 2 minutes, then flip and heat the other side for 2 more minutes. Serve once done!
How to reheat onion rings in a broiler?
To reheat in a broiler grill;
- Put the onion ring layers on a baking sheet or tray and sprinkle some oil over them.
- Place the tray under the grill. Make sure that the grill is medium-hot.
- Heat each side for 2 minutes.
- Once done, serve and eat immediately.
Tip: We recommend placing tin foil underneath the onion rings to catch any oil droplets.
How long do onion rings last?
Onion rings last for 3 to 4 days in the refrigerator. Frozen onion rings have a shelf life of 3 months.
Can you store onion rings?
Onion rings can be kept stored in a refrigerator for 3-4 days. However, they get soggy in the fridge. Therefore, you need to reheat them again to return their crispy texture.
How to store onion rings?
To store onion rings;
- Place the onion rings inside an air-tight container in the form of layers.
- Separate the layers by placing a paper towel on top of each layer.
Note: the paper towels absorb the moisture, preventing the rings from becoming soggy.
- You can also submerge the onion rings in breadcrumbs and store them. Breadcrumbs are more prone to absorbing moisture.
- Close the container and store it in the fridge.
Can you freeze onion rings?
Yes, you can freeze onion rings. Put the onion rings on a baking sheet in a way that they don’t overlap and freeze them for 30 to 45 minutes. Once frozen, take them out and place them in a freezer bag. Push maximum air out of the bag, then seal it. Freeze for up to 3 months.
Note: Freeze the onion rings only once. Freezing onion rings, again and again, will ruin them.
How to freeze onion rings?
Before freezing the onion rings, cool them at room temperature. Freezing warm onion rings will ruin their texture.
To freeze onion rings;
- Lay them out on a baking tray so that they don’t overlap or stick to each other.
- Place the onion rings tray inside the freezer and freeze for 30 to 45 minutes until they’re firm.
- Then, take them out, and transfer the rings into a freezer bag.
- Push maximum air out from the bag. Then seal it tight.
- Freeze the onion rings for up to 3 months.
Related FAQs to reheating onion rings
Can you reheat onion rings in a microwave?
You should not reheat your onion rings in the microwave. Microwaving onion rings will make them soggy and greasy. It is best to reheat them on a stove or oven.
Can you eat day-old onion rings?
You shouldn’t eat day-old onion rings left out at room temperature, as they would have probably lost their crunchiness by then. However, if the rings were stored in an air-tight container, then you may consume them a day later.
Can onion rings go bad if left out?
If frozen onion rings are left out for more than 6 hours at room temperature, discard them as bacteria grow rapidly between 40 to 140 degrees Fahrenheit.
Wrapping up our thoughts on reheating onion rings!
Reheating onion rings on a stove or in an oven are the two best techniques to keep their crispy texture intact. Avoid reheating them in a microwave.
While storing the onion rings in the refrigerator, don’t forget to place a paper towel on top of each layer to avoid moisture buildup. For more prolonged use, freeze the onion rings.
We hope all the tips were super useful. Happy reheating!
Continue learning about reheating your favorite meals by visiting this link that will guide you on how to reheat dumplings!