Naan is an Asian staple flatbread. One can eat naan bread with almost anything. The carbohydrate-rich naan bread is highly fulfilling. Hence, it is very likely for one to be left with extra naan. In such a case, the question that arises is, can you reheat naan bread?
Yes, you can reheat naan. The best way is to reheat it in an oven preheated to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Place your naan bread on a baking sheet, sprinkle some water over it, and heat for 3 to 5 minutes.
And no, you don’t need a tandoor for reheating. It’s possible to reheat naan in an oven, microwave, stovetop, and other utensils.
If you want to know how to exactly reheat naan bread, then wait no more because we will tell you how. Enjoy reading!
Can you reheat naan in an oven?
Yes, you can reheat naan in an oven. Just preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Place the naan on a baking sheet and sprinkle a little water on it. Then, reheat it for 3 to 5 minutes in the oven.
How to reheat naan in an oven?
To reheat naan in an oven;
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Sprinkle some water over the naan to prevent it from drying out.
- Grease the baking sheet with a bit of oil and neatly arrange the naan on it.
- Heat in a preheated oven for 3-5 minutes.
- Once reheated, remove the naan from the oven and serve.
Can you reheat naan in a microwave?
Place the naan on a microwave-safe plate. Sprinkle some water over it. Then, place parchment paper on top of the naan. Heat for 30 seconds to 1 minute on medium.
You can stack more naan breads over the parchment paper and add 30 seconds more to the reheating time if needed.
How to reheat naan in a microwave?
To reheat in a microwave;
- To moisten the naan, sprinkle water over it and place it on a microwave-safe plate.
- Put parchment paper on top of each naan (if you’re reheating more than one) to prevent the naans from sticking together.
- Place the plate inside the microwave and heat on medium power for 1 minute, and then add 30 seconds until appropriately reheated.
- Add some butter on top and enjoy the tasty hot naan.
The time required for microwaving naan depends on the number of naans you are reheating. For a single naan, microwave for 25 seconds. Microwave two naans for 55 seconds and three naans for 90 seconds. Add another 10 seconds when reheating frozen naan.
Can you reheat naan on a stove?
Preheat the stove and place the naan on it. Heat both sides of the naan for 10-20 seconds. Once reheated, remove from the pan and enjoy.
Please keep a close watch while reheating naan on a stove to prevent burning it.
How to reheat naan on a stove?
To reheat on a stove;
- Place the pan on a stove and preheat it on high heat.
- Grease the pan a bit and place the naan on it.
- Heat one side of the naan for a few seconds. Flip over and reheat the other side for 20-30 seconds.
- Once warmed thoroughly, take it out and eat with anything you like.
Can you reheat naan in an air fryer?
Spray or wipe the air fryer basket with some olive oil and preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Sprinkle some water over the naan and arrange them in the air fryer in a way that they are not overcrowded. Heat for 3-5 minutes, and enjoy!
How to naan in an air fryer?
To reheat in an air fryer;
- Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and grease the air fryer basket with olive oil.
- Splash water over the naans and then place them on the basket, leaving space between each flatbread.
- Heat for 3-5 minutes. Once warm enough, eat and enjoy!
How long does naan last?
Naan bread has a short lifespan. It lasts for 3-4 days in the pantry and 1-2 weeks in the refrigerator. Frozen naan can last for up to 2-3 months.
How to store naan?
Place the naan in an airtight container and store it at room temperature. Naan kept this way can last for up to 3 days. However, freezing the naan is the best option if you want to store it for longer.
Storing naan in a refrigerator is not the best option, as doing this might make your naan stale faster. However, if you want to store it in the fridge, pack the naan in a zip-toed bag and store it in the refrigerator for two days.
Can you freeze naan?
Yes, you can freeze naan. Just put the naan in a ziplock bag and squeeze as much air out as you can. Then, place the ziplock bag in the freezer and store it.
How to freeze naan?
To freeze cooked naan;
- Put the naan in an airtight freezer or ziplock bag.
- Squeeze as much air out from the bag as you can.
- Store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Related FAQs to reheating naan
Can you eat leftover naan bread?
Yes, you can eat leftover naan bread. It is always best to reheat it, though!
Can you eat cold naan?
Yes, cold naans are safe for you to eat. However, warming up leftover naan is recommended so that you can preserve its texture and taste.
Cold naan becomes dry, and many would not enjoy eating a dry naan. However, if you are hungry, just devour your cold naan.
How to keep naan warm for a party?
Wrap the naan in foil and roll the foil-covered naan into parchment paper to preserve maximum heat.
How to store naan dough?
Put the dough in a bowl and cover the bowl with plastic. Leave it overnight or for 8 hours so that the dough rises. If you are not ready to bake it yet, press the dough down and put it in a plastic bag. Store the dough in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Wrapping up our thoughts on reheating naan
The delightful Asian flatbread, naan, is a royal feast for everyone, and you can eat it with everything. Reheating leftover naan is not tricky and doesn’t take much time. You can reheat it in an oven, microwave, stove, and even an air fryer. If you want to keep naan for longer, storing it in the freezer is the way to go.