Falafel is everyone’s favorite street food! This Middle Eastern goodness is loved by many, and you might sometimes have to deal with leftovers if you end up buying or making too many! One primary concern while reheating falafel is that its texture and crispiness might degrade while reheating. So, can you reheat falafel and maintain its crispiness?
Yes, you can reheat falafels. The best way to do so is by using an oven. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Put your falafels in an oven-safe dish and cover with foil. Heat them up for 5 to 7 minutes, and you’re done!
Falafels can also be reheated in a microwave, deep fryer, air fryer, toaster oven, grill, on a stovetop, or a skillet.
Can you reheat a falafel in a microwave?
Yes, you can reheat falafel in the microwave. Just microwave them for 30 seconds on a high setting.
However, this method is not recommended because reheating falafels in the microwave can break, harden, or dry them up.
How to reheat falafel in a microwave?
Microwaving leftover falafels is super easy. Reheating falafels in the microwave might reduce their crispiness, but it will still ensure they stay moist from the inside if you follow the steps mentioned below.
- Take a microwave-safe dish and place your leftover falafels in it.
- Take a damp paper towel or parchment paper and cover the dish.
- Microwave for 30 seconds.
- Reheat for a few more seconds if they’re not reheated properly.
- Remove and let them cool down before serving.
Can you reheat falafel in an oven?
Yes, you can! Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Then take your falafels and loosely wrap them in aluminum foil to keep them from drying out in the oven. Allow them to heat in the oven for 5 to 7 minutes, depending on their size.
This is the most preferred method for reheating falafels.
How to reheat falafel in an oven?
These simple steps will guide you on how to reheat your falafels in an oven:
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wrap your falafels loosely in aluminum foil to prevent them from drying in the oven.
- Place them in the oven and allow them to reheat for 5-7 minutes or until heated thoroughly.
- Flip the falafels halfway through the reheating process.
Note: The reheating time depends on the size of your falafels. The bigger the size, the more time they will take to reheat.
Can you reheat falafel in a deep fryer?
Yes! Falafels are deep-fried in the first place while cooking, so reheating them, in the same manner, isn’t an issue. Pour some oil into a deep pot and heat it to 300-350 degrees Fahrenheit. Deep fry your falafels on medium to low heat until heated through. This method will help maintain the flavor and texture of your falafels.
How to reheat falafel in a deep fryer?
Reheating falafels in a deep fryer is easy. However, you must ensure that the oil’s temperature is suitable, so the falafels don’t turn soggy. Here’s what you need to do to reheat falafels in a deep fryer:
- Pick an oil for deep frying and pour it into a deep pot.
- Allow it to heat to a suitable temperature (300-350 degrees Fahrenheit). If the oil is too hot, the falafels will burn outside and be cold from the middle. If the oil is too cold, your falafels will absorb all the oil and become soggy. This is why the oil needs to be at a suitable temperature.
- Drop your falafels into the hot oil and deep fry them on medium to low heat. This will ensure they get a crisp exterior and are warmed thoroughly from the inside.
Note: Remove the falafels or lower the flame if the falafels start turning too brown.
Can you reheat falafel in an air fryer?
Yes, you can. Start by preheating your air fryer to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and arrange the falafels in the air fryer basket- make sure they don’t touch each other. Heat them for 2 to 3 minutes. Cut one falafel open to check if it is heated thoroughly. If not, reheat for another minute.
How to reheat falafel in an air fryer?
Using the air fryer to reheat falafels is easy and quick. It might, however, degrade the texture of the falafels by overly drying them out. Here’s what you need to do to reheat falafels in an air fryer:
- Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the falafels in a single layer in the air fryer basket, ensuring they don’t touch each other.
- Reheat the falafels for 2-3 minutes.
- Check the falafel by cutting it to see if it has been appropriately reheated. If not, simply put it back in the air fryer for another minute.
Can you reheat falafel on a grill?
Yes. You can reheat leftover falafels on a grill. Heat your grill pan on medium heat and put some oil in it. Heat it for 2 minutes, then lay your falafels in the pan. Avoid overcrowding the pan and fry them for a couple of minutes until they’re hot.
How to reheat falafel on a grill?
You can reheat falafels on a grill, given that you follow all the instructions correctly. Here’s what you need to do to reheat falafels on a grill:
- Heat your grill pan on medium heat.
- Put some oil in the pan and heat it for 2 minutes.
- Put your falafels in the pan, but don’t overcrowd the pan. Allow them to fry for a couple of minutes.
- Remove the falafels from the grill once they have reheated thoroughly, put them on a paper towel and serve!
Can you reheat falafel on a stovetop?
Yes! You can quickly reheat your falafels on a stovetop. Add some oil to a pan and warm it up till it bubbles. Add in your falafels and heat them for 30 to 40 seconds. Flip and heat for another 30 to 40 seconds, then serve.
How to reheat falafel on a stovetop?
Reheating falafels on a stovetop is super easy and the most convenient. The steps mentioned below will guide you on how to reheat your falafels on a stovetop:
- Thaw your falafels if frozen, or they might get soggy.
- Place a pan on the stove and add about an inch of oil.
- Warm the oil up until you see bubbles.
- Drop in your falafels one by one and heat them for 30 or 40 seconds.
- Flip and reheat for another 30 to 40 seconds.
- Remove from the pan and place them on a paper towel.
- Allow them to cool down, then serve.
Can you reheat falafel in a toaster oven?
Yes. You can reheat your leftover falafels in a toaster oven. Preheat your toaster oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Place the falafels in an oven-safe dish and heat them for 4 to 5 minutes. The time can increase or decrease depending on the size of your falafels.
How to reheat falafel in a toaster oven?
Reheating falafels in a toaster oven is faster than reheating them in a conventional oven. Here’s what you need to do to reheat falafels in a toaster oven:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Take an oven-safe dish and place your falafels on it.
- Cover the falafels with aluminum foil or a damp paper towel.
- Heat them for 4-5 minutes or more, depending on the size of your falafels.
- Take them out and serve!
Can you reheat falafel in a skillet?
Yes, you can reheat falafels in a skillet! Grab a heavy-duty skillet, pour an inch of oil in it, and heat the oil for 4 to 5 minutes. Add your falafel balls and fry them for a minute on each side.
How to reheat falafel in a skillet?
Using a skillet to reheat falafels will give you desired results in a few minutes! Follow these steps to reheat your falafels in a skillet:
- Grab a heavy-duty skillet, preferably a cast iron, and pour one inch of oil into it.
- Heat the oil for 4-5 minutes to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, then drop in your falafel balls. If your falafels are big, cut them into smaller pieces so they don’t end up cold in the middle.
- Fry them for a minute on each side or until heated through.
- Remove from the skillet, rest on a paper towel, and serve!
Related FAQs to reheating and falafel!
How long does hummus last?
Homemade hummus will keep well for 3-4 days, while store-bought or ready-made hummus will last 6-7 days after opening. Storing your hummus in the ways below will ensure longer shelf life.
- Room temperature: hummus can keep well at room temperature for up to 4 hours. After which, it will start growing bacteria and be unsafe to consume.
- Refrigerated hummus: homemade hummus can be kept in the fridge for 3 to 4 days. Store-bought hummus will keep well for 5-7 days in the refrigerator.
- Frozen hummus: hummus can be stored in the freezer for up to 4 months.
How do you reheat leftover falafel?
You can reheat your leftover falafel in a microwave, oven, deep fryer, air fryer, toaster oven, grill, stovetop, or skillet. The best and recommended way is to reheat them in the oven- simply preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and heat the falafels for 4-5 minutes.
Do you need to reheat falafel?
Reheating your cold leftover falafels will help them get their taste and texture back. Otherwise, cold falafel will taste stale and bland. Ensure you do not reheat them for too long, as they may turn hard.
How do you reheat frozen falafel balls?
Thaw your frozen falafel balls before reheating them, or you might end up with soggy falafel balls. Alternatively, you can reheat them directly by placing frozen falafel balls in an oven preheated at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Reheat them this way for 15-20 minutes, flipping halfway.
How long is leftover falafel good for?
If you refrigerate falafels at up to 40 degrees Fahrenheit, they can keep well for up to 4 days.
Final thoughts on reheating falafel!
Eating cold falafels is a big no! It isn’t unhealthy, but it will simply taste like a ball of foam, and nobody wants that. For this reason, we have made this thorough guide for you, which includes 8 ways of reheating falafels. Choose the option that suits you best and enjoy reheated leftover falafels just as much as the freshly made ones!