The jaffle iron is a modern take on the traditional Australian cooking style. It gives you that crispy, crunchy outside with a warm and fluffy inside that you would get from a sandwich. People often wonder if one can use a jaffle iron on different heat sources, such as a gas stove. So, can you use a jaffle iron on a gas stove?
Yes, you can use jaffle iron on a gas stove. This makes it even more convenient to use as there are little to no limitations when working with a stove.
Heat sources on which a jaffle iron works
Now that we know a jaffle iron can be used on a gas stove, let us discover some other heat sources on which you can use a jaffle iron. Here’s a list:
- Induction stoves/plates
- Halogen cooktops
- Gas stoves
- Electrical cooking top
- Burning charcoal
- Burning wood
Can you make pancakes in a sandwich maker? Learn here!
How to use a jaffle iron on a gas stove?
Let us explain to you how to cook the perfect jaffle using a gas stove. Here is a step-by-step method:
- Firstly, preheat the jaffle iron by putting it on a gas stove with low heat.
- Meanwhile, butter your slices of bread on each side, and prepare your fillings.
- When preheated, from both sides, spray some additional oil or butter on the surface. This will prevent the slice of bread from sticking to the iron.
- Now put one of your slices onto the preheated jaffle iron.
- Fill up the jaffle with the fillings of your choice. Be careful not to overfill it.
- Now put the second slice above the other one and close the jaffle iron. Make sure to close it tightly so the jaffle can cook properly and doesn’t leak. When you close the iron, cut off the additional bread that comes out, if any. Be sure not to scratch the non-stick surface if your jaffle iron is non-stick.
- Now put your iron again on the stove. Keep flipping the jaffle iron after each minute. This would ensure even heat from both sides.
- After 3 to 4 minutes, check on the jaffle by opening the iron up. If you feel like it still needs to cook, put it on the stove for an additional 40 to 50 seconds on each side. Take it out using a non-stick scraper when it’s done.
Is it possible to make chaffles in a sandwich maker? Learn now!
Jaffle irons are kitchen appliances that can be used to make delicious sandwiches and toast. Just like other heat sources, they can be used on gas stoves too. So gear up and follow our steps to get that perfect jaffle!