Have you ordered lava cakes after dinner but don’t have any room to eat? The last thing you’d want to do is let them go to waste. Moreover, having them cold defeats the entire purpose of having a lava cake. This might have you wondering; can you reheat lava cakes?
Yes, you can reheat lava cakes using an oven, microwave, or air fryer. Using a microwave, place the cake on a microwave-safe dish and cover it with a damp paper towel. Then, reheat for about 30 to 40 seconds or until the middle is soft.
Yes, you can reheat lava cakes in the oven. Ensure that your oven is preheated to a temperature of 350° Fahrenheit; pop them in, and it will take 8-10 minutes to reheat the lava cakes properly.
Reheating lava cakes in the oven is one of the best methods that help prevent overheating. It also helps retain their freshness, and the texture does not change either. Here’s what you need to do to heat a lava cake in the oven:
- Set your oven to 350°F to preheat.
- Lay a baking sheet and aluminum foil on a baking tray. Put your lava cake on it.
- Reheat the cake for 8-10 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Yes, you can reheat lava cakes in the microwave. You can reheat your lava cake in the microwave by covering it with a damp paper towel and reheating it on medium power until the center is soft.
If you’re short on time, reheating lava cake in the microwave is a great option. However, you should be careful as it is easy to overheat while microwaving. Here’s what you need to do:
- Put your lava cake on a microwave-safe dish or plate.
- Cover the cake with a damp paper towel.
- Warm the cake in 20-second intervals on medium heat.
How to reheat frozen lava cake in a microwave?
It is always best to thaw frozen lava cake until it reaches room temperature before heating it in the microwave. However, if you’re short on time, follow these steps to reheat frozen lava cake in a microwave:
- Place lava cakes on a microwave-safe dish.
- If it’s in a cup, loosen the lava cake by applying pressure in the center. Do not remove the cup.
- Set the microwave on high heat and heat lava cakes for 40-50 seconds.
Yes, you can reheat lava cakes in an air fryer. Preheat the air fryer to 350°F, line it with foil, and heat your lava cakes for 5-6 minutes.
Using an air fryer to reheat lava cakes is quick and safe. It does not spoil the texture of your lava cake, but overheating is a risk you need to look out for. Here’s what you need to do:
- Preheat the air fryer to 350°F.
- Line the air fryer basket with foil.
- Heat the lava cakes for 5-6 minutes.
Yes, you can reheat frozen lava cakes. You just need to thaw the frozen lava cakes in the fridge overnight, then reheat them using a microwave or an air fryer.
Reheating frozen lava cakes is a little more time-consuming than reheating refrigerated ones. You shouldn’t rush the process to get the nice, melted chocolate in the middle. Here’s how you can safely reheat frozen lava cakes:
- Put your lava cakes in a microwave-safe dish.
- Pick an air fryer, oven, or microwave for the process.
- Heat lava cakes for 15-18 minutes in an oven and 12-15 minutes in an air fryer.
If you have time, thaw your lava cakes before heating them in the air fryer. Thawing will make the heating process quicker and help make them taste fresher. Here’s what you need to do:
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F.
- Take some foil and line the air fryer basket with it. Place your lava cakes in it.
- Heat the lava cakes for 12-15 minutes.
Donuts are another sweet treat that can be reheated in an air fryer, click here to learn more!
Using an oven to reheat lava cakes is one of the best methods to help give them a fresh texture and flavor. This method will also give your cakes a runny, chocolatey middle. Here’s what you need to do:
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Lay a baking sheet on the baking tray and place your cakes on the sheet.
- Heat the lava cakes for 15-18 minutes.
The oven method is the best way to reheat lava cakes from Dominos. Here’s what you need to do:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Lay a baking sheet and line it with foil.
- Put the lava cakes on the foiled sheet, pop them in the oven, and heat them for 8-10 minutes.
Reheating lava cakes on a stove is not recommended. This method will most likely ruin them- it will ruin the texture and the heavenly oozy chocolate middle.
First, let the lava cakes cool completely before storing them. Once cool, wrap each of the cakes individually with cling wrap and place them in an airtight container. After that, you can refrigerate them. Storing them like this can keep these cakes good for up to 3 days.
Yes, you can freeze lava cakes for up to 3 months. Make sure they are cooled before freezing them.
None of us would dream of throwing lava cakes away. Freezing them is a great way to save them for later and a way out of remaking them. Here’s how you can freeze lava cakes:
- Cool the lava cakes to room temperature.
- Lay parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- Put the lava cakes on the baking sheet and freeze them for a couple of hours.
- Once they turn hard, wrap them in cling wrap separately.
- Put them in a freezer bag (any freezer-safe container) and squeeze out the excess air.
- Seal the freezer bag and place it in the freezer.
It is best to refrigerate molten lava cake if you make them ahead of time or if you have some leftovers. Refrigerating will prevent bacteria buildup, and you can store them for longer.
Microwave the lava cookie for 10-15 seconds on medium heat; they should be ready to go.
Nobody has the heart to waste their leftover lava cakes, and eating them cold defeats the purpose. Fortunately, you can use a microwave, oven, or air fryer to reheat them and retain their freshness. Just make sure to store them properly.
Use any of our methods to warm your lava cakes and enjoy them with a side of whipped cream or vanilla ice cream!
Here is another guide on warming up ganache. Enjoy!